October 1, 2007
Thank you for using Admin Center!http://admincenter.live.com
This Admin Center Addendum supplements the terms in our existing Microsoft Service Agreement.
You must respect the privacy of your domain users.
Microsoft is committed to protecting our customer's privacy. As the domain owner, you must be committed to protecting your domain user's privacy. Just as we do in the Microsoft Online Privacy Statement, we recommend that you tell your domain users how you will collect, use, manage, and share their personal information. Also, you must give your domain users the option of setting their communication preferences, including "opting out" of receiving non-service related messages. Finally, we recommend that you respect each of your domain user's email address by never sending your domain users unsolicited bulk or commercial email, giving their email address to anyone that sends unsolicited bulk or commercial email or posting their e-mail address without their permission.
Your responsibility if you move from Admin Center.
We hope you like the Admin Center service, and never think about moving. We understand, however, that you could move your domain to another provider. Moving your email service provider could be disruptive to users of your domain. You can lessen this disruption by clearly communicating with your domain users about the move. If you move your domain to another email service provider, you must give your domain users reasonable advance notice. This means that you must tell your domain users at least 30 days before the move takes place.
Also, if you move your domain to another email service provider, you must tell Microsoft at least 30 days in advance. You must notify Microsoft by using the eform at http://domains.live.com/support.
Using the Windows Live Admin Center Module.
We encourage you to use the Windows Live Admin Center module (the "Module") on your site. It has been prepared specifically for you to use on your web site to promote your custom domain to your web site visitors. By displaying the Module for your custom email offering, you help assure users of its value and prepare them for the change in experience from your site to the Microsoft sign-up page, after they click on the Module to sign up for an account through your custom domain.
Windows Live Admin Center Module License Terms.
Microsoft grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal license to use the Module solely on the web page used to promote your custom domain to your web site visitors to indicate that the service is provided by Windows Live Admin Center. Except as provided in the license in the preceding sentence, the Microsoft Service Agreement, as supplemented by this Admin Center Addendum, does not grant you any right, title, interest, or license in or to any of Microsoft's names, logos, trade dress, designs, or other trademarks. Your use of the Module is subject to our prior approval, which may be granted, withheld or rescinded by us in our sole discretion at any time.
Your use of the Module shall inure solely to the benefit of Microsoft. You hereby assign and shall assign in the future to Microsoft all rights that you may acquire by operation of law or otherwise in the Module, or any part of the Module, including all applications or registrations, and the goodwill associated with the Module, or any part of the Module.
You agree to maintain the quality of your use of Admin Center and your associated sites at a level that meets or exceeds standards of quality generally accepted in the industry. You shall fully correct and remedy any deficiencies in your use of the Module and/or the quality of your use of Admin Center and your associated sites where the Module appear, upon reasonable notice from us. Microsoft has the sole right to and in its sole discretion may commence, prosecute or defend, and control any action concerning the Module, or any part of the Module. You shall not contest the validity of, by act or omission jeopardize, or take any action inconsistent with, Microsoft's rights or goodwill in the Module, or any part of the Module, in any country, and shall not attempt to register the Module, or any part of the Module, or any mark confusingly similar to the Module or any part of the Module.
Code of Conduct
To ensure that everyone using our service has the best possible experience, we've established a few guidelines. Please take a moment to read them, and thank you for using our service.
Our Role: We may, but have no obligation to, monitor content to ensure compliance with these guidelines.
Appropriate Language: Avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions.
Advertising/Solicitation: Refrain from posting unsolicited advertisements.
Confidentiality: Please keep in mind that this is a public space, so don't post anything that you don't want the world to see. Credit card numbers, product keys, and other confidential information, including anything covered under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), should not be posted.
By using Admin Center, you agree to abide by our code of conduct. Your commitment to these guidelines ensures a positive experience for all participants.
All activity on Admin Center is also governed by the Microsoft Service Agreement.
- Please treat all other online participants with respect and do not threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other users.
- Impersonating a Microsoft employee, agent, manager, host, or another user is forbidden.
- Do not use this service to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post.
- We do not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. You may not use this service to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or discussion. This includes, but is not limited to, child pornography, bestiality, incest, illegal drugs, software piracy, harassment and material not belonging to you.
- You may not use this service for the purpose of linking to external sites that violate this code of conduct.
- Do not post or promote any materials that could harm or disrupt another user's computer or would allow others to inappropriately access software or web sites.
- In addition to upholding this code of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication service, and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities while using the service. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post.
- We reserve the right to ban any participant from using the service for violating any of the rules above.
Thanks for following this code of conduct! We reserve the right to amend or change the code of conduct at any time and encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance
Your Trademark License to Microsoft
If you use the branding service offered by Microsoft, then you grant to Microsoft a worldwide, royalty free license to use the trademarks and logos you provide to us (“Marks”) for the purpose of providing you with branded services, including e-mail and instant messaging.
You warrant that the Marks you have provided are original and do not infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right held by any third party in any country. You also warrant that you are not aware of any claims regarding the Marks in any country.
You agree to indemnify us for third party claims that result in any breach of your Marks warranties and claims that our use of the Marks violates any third party rights in any country.
We have the right to suspend or cancel your use of the branding service or any Admin Center service if you violate any part of this Addendum.